Happy Fun Friday! Just a few quick reminders:
- If you are going on the Raft Trip tomorrow, be sure to be at the Sunshine Rafting parking lot no later than 9:00 am. Don’t forget to bring a lunch and pack it in a waterproof container or Ziploc bags. Remember, everything you take on the raft can and will get wet! See the Raft Trip web page for map and more information. Bring a signed waiver if you haven’t already turned that in.
- There are a few spots still available for the Raft Trip if you’d like to go but haven’t signed up already. If you’re interested, please call or text Chad Seps ASAP: 408-887-3267.
- There will be morning practices at the usual times on Monday, July 3. There are no practices on Tuesday, July 4.
- Please send email to the coaches and volunteer coordinators if your child will be missing any part of next Saturday’s meet (July 8 at Silver Creek).
Have a great weekend!
Dear Penguins and Parents:
Woo hoo! With a 118.1 to 112.8 victory over Almaden, our mighty penguins are now 3-0! Meet results have been posted to the Almaden page of the website.
25s TO SAVE LIVES
Thank you to everyone who participated in Friday’s 25s to Save Lives fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. It was a lot of fun, and it felt amazing to see all that penguin power going for such a good cause. You can still turn in donations to the “CANCER” folder or donate online at crowdrise.com/25s-to-save-lives. Thank you for your support!
WILL YOU BE AT THE SILVER CREEK MEET?
There is no meet this weekend due to the 4th of July holiday, but the coaches and volunteer coordinators still need to know if you will be at the Silver Creek meet on July 8. So far the only families we know will be missing some or all of the meet are: Espinoza, Musoll-Buendia, and Quezada.
CHAMPS PROGRAM ADS DUE THIS WEEK
Show your penguin pride and place an ad in the VCSL Champs Program! 100% of the proceeds go directly to LPAC, so this is a great way to help support the team while giving a shout-out to your favorite penguins or promoting your business. The cost is $15 for a business card-size ad, $30 for half-page, and $50 for full-page. Use the Champs Ad Order Form to design your own ad, or just email photos and text to Kris Fuss and she can design one for you. Please submit no later than Saturday, July 1.
FUN AGE GROUP EVENTS COMING UP!
There are a couple of fun events coming up. This Friday (June 30), all swimmers in the 9-11 practice group (plus parents and siblings) are invited to go see the 11:15 am showing of “Despicable Me 3” at Tennant Station in Morgan Hill. The following week, on Monday, July 3, all swimmers in the 8 & under and 9-11 groups are invited to Golfland from 11 am – 1 pm. See the Age Group Events web page for more details. Thank you to Judy Seps and Ashley Katz for coordinating!
NO PRACTICE ON JULY 4
Please note that there will be no practices next Tuesday, July 4. Happy Independence Day! However, there will be practices at the usual times the rest of the week. We know people will be a little tired after the Raft Trip and/or fireworks, but please try to come to every practice if you can. We want to keep our undefeated streak alive!
OVERNIGHTER AND CARDBOARD BOAT RACES: JULY 8
The annual Overnighter will be on Saturday, July 8 to Sunday, July 9. This event is one of LPAC’s most treasured traditions and a highlight of every swim team season. LPAC swimmers get to camp out in tents on the grass next to the Los Paseos pool and stay up late swimming, dancing, playing dodge ball, and just having fun with their friends. The Penguin Regatta Cardboard Boat Races also take place during the Overnighter, so you might want to start building those boats now!
- Friday, June 30: Despicable Me 3 (9-11 age group)
- Saturday, July 1: Raft Trip (No meet)
- Monday, July 3: Golfland (ages 5-11)
- Saturday, July 8: LPAC @ Silver Creek
- Saturday, July 8: Overnighter and Cardboard Boat Races
- Saturday, July 15: Oaktree @ LPAC
- Saturday, July 15: Beach Trip (High School age group only)
- Thursday, July 20: Spirit Night
- Friday, July 21: Spaghetti Dinner
- Saturday, July 22: Champs
- Sunday, July 23: Banquet
Dear Penguins and Parents:
Congratulations…we’re now 2-0 after a 125.6 to 116.0 win over Belwood on Saturday! This weekend we have another away meet and will be taking on the Almaden Gators, who won at Champs last year. Please come to practice every day if you can so we can swim our best!
Daniela Fasan is only 15 but already chipping away at the 15-18 Girls records. On Saturday she went :31.71 in the 50 Breast, besting the previous record of :34.55 set by Leah Thompson in 2015.
And our 11-12 boys (C.J. Taylor, Noah Taylor, David Jerez, and Anthony Anderson) set a new record in the 200 Freestyle Relay with a time of 1:59.15, taking down coach Ryan Hussey’s last remaining record (set in 2001 along with Tim Gardin, Sky Sandberg, and Jordan Aljouny). Congratulations!
WILL YOU BE AT THE MEET ON SATURDAY?
The coaches and volunteer coordinators should already know if your swimmer will be missing any part of the meet this Saturday (6/24) at Almaden. So far the families we know will be missing are: Anderson, Bagoye, Buchanan, Castro, Delgado, DeSantis, Espinoza, Jerez, Katz, Kwende, Nelson, Sunderman, Tang, Thompson, Wise, Wyness.
Don’t forget to sign up for your volunteer shift(s) at SignUp Genius. We’ll have additional details about the meet later this week.
PENGUIN POOL PARTY ON TUESDAY IS POSTPONED
The Penguin Pool Party originally scheduled for this Tuesday (6/20) has been postponed due to the extremely hot weather. We’ll keep you posted when the event has been rescheduled.
CANCER RELAY-A-THON ON FRIDAY
This has been a very tough year for our LPAC family, so we’re channeling our penguin power to do something positive. Please gather pledges and come on Friday (June 23) to swim and cheer at the 25s to Save Lives fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Each practice group will be divided into four relay teams, all swimming as many 25-yard laps as they can in 30 minutes. The more laps your team swims, the more we can raise to help find a cure!
Please note the slightly different practice group times for this day only (high schoolers will get to sleep in a little bit!). We do need at least four parents to stay and help serve as lap counters at each practice. This will be a fun team event for an important cause, and we encourage parents and swimmers to stay and cheer for the other age groups as well. Please collect pledges and share the link to the online donation page with friends and family.
- High School: 7:45-8:30 am
- 12-14: 8:30-9:15 am
- 9-11: 9:00-9:45 am
- 8 & under: 9:30-10:20 am
RAFT TRIP: DON’T MISS THE BOAT!
We have to pay the raft company this week, but so far don’t have very many signups. If you’re planning to go on the Raft Trip on July 1, please send email ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org and let Julie Webb know how many people will be going in your party. Then complete the form and turn in with payment to the ACTIVITIES folder no later than Friday of this week. Check the website for more details. Remember that everyone who goes on the river must have a signed waiver.
JAMES FOLEY MEMORIAL ON FRIDAY
A few quick reminders before the weekend:
- Saturday’s meet is at Belwood Pool and Cabana Club, 100 Belwood Gateway in Los Gatos. LPAC swimmers need to check in no later than 7:15 am. The coaches and volunteer coordinators will be under the trees at the picnic tables near the BBQs.
- If your swimmer is ill, please call or text Coach Scott: 408-613-5126.
- Remember to always check OUT with the coaches if you leave the meet early!
- Meet entries and volunteer assignments have been posted to the Belwood meet page of the website.
Coming up next week:
- The Penguin Pool Party will be on Tuesday (June 20) from 3-5 pm.
- Friday (June 23) is the 25s to Save Lives fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Pledge forms were placed in the family files. Please start collecting pledges this weekend; friends and family from out of town can also donate online. We’ll have more details about this event in next week’s email.
See you all at Belwood…GO PENGUINS!