Dear Penguins and Parents:
Whew, that was a close one! LPAC ended up defeating Silver Creek on Saturday by a final score of 115.5 to 113.9, so we’re 4-0 heading into our last dual meet of the season. This Saturday we’ll be swimming at home against Oaktree—who are also undefeated so far. Keep coming to practice every day so we can swim our best against the Sharks! And thanks to everyone who made the annual Overnighter a fun night for all!
WILL YOU BE HERE FOR THE MEET?
This week the coaches have to do entries for both the Oaktree meet (7/15) and Champs (7/22). If your child will have to miss any part of either meet, please send email ASAP to both the coaches and the volunteer coordinators. Remember that Champs is an all-day meet that typically lasts until around 4:00 pm.
The families we know who will be missing the Oaktree meet are: Adam, Aliamus, DeSantis, Espinoza, Hasse, Hoge, Marley, and Musoll-Buendia.
The families we know who will be missing Champs are: Adam, Espinoza, Fumagalli, Hasse, Marley, Musoll-Buendia, Wise.
Daniela Fasan shaved a little more time off her own 15-18 Girls 50 yard Breaststroke record, with a new time of :31.49. Way to go Dani!
- Banquet Meal Order forms are due on Monday (7/17). The banquet will be catered by Any Time is Taco Time. Note: Swimmers eat for free at the Banquet, but you still need to fill out a form so we know how many meals to prepare. The cost for additional meals is $10 for adults and $7 for kids.
- If you’d like to contribute to gifts for the coaches, please see Judy Seps at the meet on Saturday.
COMING UP THIS WEEK
- The Penguin Pool Party is on Wednesday (7/12) from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. Swimmers of all ages are welcome! We’ll be serving root beer floats and tie-dying shirts. The cost is $2 per swimmer. Non-Association members will also need to pay the guest entry fee at the gate ($2 for adults, $1 for kids). Please bring a white or light-colored shirt to tie-dye. We ask that parents of swimmers ages 10 and under please stay to help out.
- The Swim-a-Thon team fundraiser is on Thursday (7/13) during normal practice times. Swimmers will get to swim as many laps as they can to try and earn money for LPAC. Pledge forms are posted on the Swim-a-Thon page of the website. Parents, please sign up on the bulletin board to help as lap-counters, as the coaches need this time to work on the Champs entries.
- Saturday’s swim meet (7/15) is at home against Oaktree. Swimmer check-in time is 6:30 am.
- The Beach Trip for swimmers in the high school age group is also on Saturday (7/15). Swimmers should meet at the pool at 4:30 pm and carpool to Twin Lakes State Beach in Santa Cruz. We still need parent drivers for this trip, as the swimmers are NOT allowed to drive themselves to this event. The cost is $10 per swimmer; there is no charge for parents.