We’ve got a lot going on in the next couple of weeks, so this will be a little longer than our usual Friday reminder email…
TOMORROW’S MEET: AT SILVER CREEK
- Swimmers need to check in with the coaches by 7:20 am. If your child is ill in the morning, please call or text Coach Scott: 408-613-5126.
- Plan to park at Silver Oak Elementary School (located just a little past the pool at 5000 Farnsworth Drive). See the Silver Creek web page for a map. Meet Entries and Volunteer Assignments are also posted on the website.
- Remember, there is not much space at Silver Creek, so please plan to share EZ-Ups and get cozy with your penguin neighbors!
- We will be swimming 8 lanes, which means the meet goes by a lot faster. Be sure your swimmers are paying attention to the announcements and get to Clerk of the Course on time. And remember to always check OUT with the coaches if you leave the meet early!
- Check-in time is 6:00 pm on Saturday (7/8); please do not start setting up tents any earlier.
- If you haven’t already turned in your forms and payment, you can do so when you check in. Be sure we have a phone number so we can reach you in case of emergency.
- Cardboard boats should be staged on the basketball courts. Parents, you are welcome to stay and watch the Penguin Regatta. We do ask that you please take home any soggy boat remains.
- 6 & under swimmers need to be picked up no later than 10:00 pm.
- For more information about what to bring, etc., check the Overnighter page.
- Please arrive before 8:00 am on Sunday morning to help your swimmers pack and also clean up the pool and lawn areas.
- We suggest you bring your checkbook when you check in at the Overnighter, so you can just write one check for everything!
- Champs Meal Order forms are due no later than Sunday morning (7/9) at 8:00 am. No late orders will be accepted.
- Banquet Meal Order forms are due on Monday, July 17. Note: Swimmers eat for free at the Banquet, but you still need to fill out a form so we know how many meals to prepare. The cost for additional meals is $10 for adults and $7 for kids.
- If you’d like to contribute to gifts for the coaches, please see Judy Seps at the meet or at the Overnighter.
COMING UP NEXT WEEK
- The Penguin Pool Party has been rescheduled to next Wednesday, July 12, from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. Swimmers of all ages are welcome! We’ll be serving root beer floats and tie-dying shirts. The cost is $2 per swimmer. Non-Association members will also need to pay the guest entry fee at the gate ($2 for adults, $1 for kids). Please bring a white or light-colored shirt to tie-dye. We ask that parents of swimmers ages 10 and under please stay to help out.
- The Swim-a-Thon team fundraiser will be on Thursday, July 13, during normal practice times. Swimmers will get to swim as many laps as they can to try and earn money for LPAC. Pledge forms are posted on the Swim-a-Thon page of the website.
- Next Saturday (7/15) will be our last dual meet of the season, at home against Oaktree. The high schoolers will have their Beach Trip that afternoon/evening. Please note that we do need parent drivers, as teenagers are not allowed to drive themselves to this event. The cost is $10 per swimmer; there is no charge for parents.